|Scientific Project Manager
|Fixed-Term 1 year (with possibility of extension), Full-time
|Hours per week
|37.5 per week
|Remote with occasional travel within the UK
|£45,000 – £50,000 per annum plus benefits
TherageniX is an early-stage biotechnology company focused on using a gene therapy approach to tissue regeneration. We secured a large grant (~ 1M) along with our partners at the University of Nottingham to develop the world’s first dry powder gene therapy for regenerating bone tissue.
You can find more information here: TherageniX press release. To help us on this exciting project, we are looking for a scientific project manager.
Your primary role at the start would be to manage the project funded by the recently acquired Innovate UK grant. In addition, you will continue to oversee key projects within TherageniX. You have a scientific background in biology, bioprocess engineering, and good project management skills. Curious by nature, you enjoy finding creative solutions and are excited by the endless possibilities of building something new.
• Overall Project Management of Innovate UK project including planning and delivery on a day-to-day basis.
• Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure delivery of the project as per timelines
• Develop scientific and technical direction of the project
• Work closely with the CEO in ensuring optimisation of project resources and budgets
• Attendance at meetings, conferences, etc,
• Writing and reviewing technical and management reports
• Establish effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
• Provide regular updates to TherageniX management and Innovate UK
• Support the CEO on strategic and operational level to further build TherageniX
• Monitor performance through KPIs to improve project performance
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned to you from time to time
• Degree in biology (molecular biology, cloning etc.) or bioprocess/chemical engineering
• 5+ years of work experience in the life sciences industry
• Experience leading/working on cross-functional teams and projects in life sciences
• Good understanding of basic project management concepts and principles
• PhDs interested in transitioning to the industry with the desired background
• Right to work in the UK
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and without supervision
• Ability to fully engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to interpret complex and ambiguous information to make sound decisions
• Strong writing skills
• Patient-centric – Understand that helping patients is at the centre of everything we do Employee Benefits
• 30 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
• Remote working
• Ergonomic workstation (based on health & safety assessment)
• Tailored benefits package that can include Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Membership, EAP, etc.
• Funding for career-related training
• In addition to the tangible benefits above, you will also get
o A chance to work in a company with exciting technology that benefits patients
o An experience to get involved in various aspects of the company that can lead to professional development and opportunities within/outside the company
o Freedom and flexibility to plan your work
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2023
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.